Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: user error

Red face user error

Okay, I have to tell on myself and hopefully I am not the only one to have ever done something like this. I got all set up to pump at work, got hooked up and leaned back to relax and wait for let down. I felt something cool on my leg, but I thought it was just the nurser (it had been stored in fridge) After a few minutes, I looked down and my pant leg was DRENCHED in milk! I pump into the playtex dropins that go inside the nurser and I got the nurser attached, but forgot to put the liner in-I was pumping straigh onto my leg!!! AGGGHHH! Now I am going to smell like rotten milk all day.

Default Re: user error

I did that once. (It actually smells sorta sweet, no spit-up smell since it has no digestive juices in it.)

I feel for ya, mama!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

I once had an unfortunate occurrence with 3oz of milk. It got all over me, my car, the car seat and the baby. We were just setting out for a long car ride and there was no where to stop - I agree that it didn't smell bad, just sticky!!

I haven't drenched myself, but there have been a couple times that I didn't have the horn positioned quite right, and didn't realize it until I felt something dripping down onto my leg! Then when I try to correct, I've accidently pulled the whole thing off and squirted milk all over the counter!
    I'm Shannon!
    Single, babywearing, barefoot in the grass mama to 3 wonderful babies!
    Abby 11-25-03
    Terry 9-29-06
    Kate 6-12-08
    and my Jack 11-17-02, gone to God at 11 weeks

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

"I am going to be happy today, though the skies may be cloudy or gray. No matter what comes my way, I am going to be happy today."

hopefully you didnt get too much on ya lol

on a side note, you have the platex pump? do you like it? i have a friend that is looking into getting one.
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

kelmareuby-
    I do have the Playtex pump and the Medela pump in style. I keep one at home and one at work. I use the Medela at work- and it is, by far, better than the Playtex. I wouldn't really recommend the Playtex for everyday use. I REALLY, REALLY wanted the Playtex to work better and use it full time, but when it comes down to it, the Medela is more effecient. I just use the Playtex bottle systems and I have the PLYTX breastmilk storage system which comes with a pump adapter so you can use the Playtex nursers/drop-ins with any pump. I hate to say all that b/c I LOVE Playex and all their products. However, I have heard that it works great for a lot of people, which is why I got it in the first place. I thought it worked great at first, when I hadn't yet tried the Medela, but once I tried the PIS, I was sold. So just in case you want to let your friend know. Sorry if that was too much rambling.