Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update-Long

Default Re: Update-Long

Thank you so much for the info. I am so happy for you that you got to this point. How old was your little one when he was taking 5 oz. 8 times in a 24 hr. period? How long from that oint did it take to get to no oz? You always nursed first without right and then put in the tube then pumped after? How many times a day doing that? Is your little one still waking at night? This is all helping so much since many have not experienced the SNS.
    Mama to 2 wonderful girls (nursed 3 yrs.) and twin boys born 12/30/05 (stuck on the SNS due to pallate issues discovered very late) Thankful though that at least at the breast.

Thanks so much for your positive words umbribyz.

Hi Twins,
    She never took more than 3oz at a time and her highest total of supplement in 24 hrs was 15 oz. She was about 7 weeks old then. So now she's 6 months, but it wasn't until I started with the SNS that we were able to decrease the supplement. It really started decreasing when she was about 4.5-5 months. I never put the SNS on without trying to nurse first. It was always about three times a day. The amount of milk she took from the SNS started slowly decreasing from 3 oz to 2 oz to 1 oz to 1/2 oz.
    My LO recently started waking up more at night and wants to use me as a pacifier all night which I allow b/c I want her to gain weight and to increase my supply. She also nurses for naps. She has always nursed for naps.

The night wakings are probably due to teething. It's the right age and the signs. are there. Know that she is getting actual pain relief from the oxcytocin you release when you breastfeed. As long as you are feeling ok with it by all means meet her night waking needs. But if you get to the point where you are waking often enough for it to cause resentment, try dosing with tylenol or Baby motrin. It should get you back at least one 4 hour stretch at night. Which can help tremendously in the throes of teething.

Way too lazy for formula

Thanks for the tip Dj's Mom. I'm going to keep that in my back pocket. I don't feel any resentment yet. I am a little tired since I now work and take her with me. especially since I've been working Saturdays. My dH has been taking her in the am for an hour so I can have a little bit of uninterrupted sleep. Hopefully I can keep this up. She's getting lots of milk during these night feeding so I'm happy about that!

bump for elelou