Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Dirty tubes

Default Dirty tubes

How do I clean the tubes for my Medela pump? I let it run after ech cycle, but it looks like I didn't let it run long enough so now there is some dried water spots. Does anyone know how I can get it out?

I bought some sterilization bags and I've heard of pouring isopropyl down there, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that.

Any suggestions on how to get the tubes cleaned out....

Thanks!

Default Re: Dirty tubes

All i know is do not put them in the sterilizer with bottles etc. I had them melt all over everything and had to replace the entire kit. Bottles, shields everything - ARGH!! The medela bags say you can put them in the bottom on their own but I am far too nervous to try it. The microwave had smoke pouring out of it
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Oh wow. That's terrible. What an expensive mistake! So can the tubes not go in the microwave at all then?

i put mine in the microwave in the steam bag with no problems. You just have to make sure to lay them flat and completely cover them with water, it tells you on the bag. And make sure not to put anything in the steam bag with them.

You can go to home depot or any pet supply store and buy fish tank tubes. YOu can them make them any length you want. You will have to take your attachment parts off and put them on the new tubes... but a lil work is well worth the saving and time you will spend in ordering new ones HTH!!
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lilybug View Post
    You can go to home depot or any pet supply store and buy fish tank tubes. YOu can them make them any length you want. You will have to take your attachment parts off and put them on the new tubes... but a lil work is well worth the saving and time you will spend in ordering new ones HTH!!
    That is so cool! What a good idea!

As to OP, I have water spots in mine still...it's a fight I just gave up...
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?