Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is she having a growth spurt?

Default Is she having a growth spurt?

DD is 2.5 mo. and has been wanting to eat way more often than usual for about 5 days now. She's gone from feeding 8 times a day to about 11 times a day...from every 3 hours to every 1.5 or 2 hours. When she's not eating, she's stuffing her hand in her mouth!! And she can barely fit in her 1 diapers anymore...they fit fine @ 2 mo.!! Is she just growing fast? When will this subside?

Thanks!!

I'm a full-time single mama and a full-time law student!! Loving every minute!!

Mommy to Izzy , born 8/23/08!!! Check out our blog!

BW: 8lbs. 8oz., 20 in.
    3 months: 11 lbs. 14oz., 23 1/4 in.
    6 months: 17 lbs. 9oz., 26 1/2 in.
    9 months: 20 lbs. 0 oz., 27 in.
    12 months: 22 lbs. 12 oz., 28 3/4 in.
    15 months: 25 lbs. 12 oz., 29 3/4 in.

for 18+ months! Now we only nurse on one side because mama's other side is predisposed to recurring mastitis!!

Default Re: Is she having a growth spurt?

sounds like a growth spurt to me Mama! Usually around 3 mos so DD is right on track. I found that my LO grew chubby, then lengthened out when he started being active and walking (10 mos). Since then he's sort of plateaued. They grow really quickly though! We went up an entire shoe size in 4 weeks!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

It probably is a growth spurt. If not, she could be comfort nursing because she may possibly be having some teething discomfort. You said she put her hands in her mouth alot? It is a little early for teething. DD started drooling and chewing on her hands around 3 months and didn't get a tooth until 5 months. It is probably a growth spurt...hang in there!!
    Becca SAHM to
    Veronica 10/31/05

and Preston 10/28/07

<--- me!
    (I love this smiley!)

I finally got on Facebook! If anyone wants to be my
    friend.

My lo is the same age as yours and going through the same things as yours. I just figured it is a growth spurt. My dd would sleep from around 11 at night to 6 or 7 in the morning, but has added that middle of the night feeding again... I' m sure this will pass soon! Hang in there mamma!

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

My baby was born one day after your LO's and is going through the same thing . He has been eating a lot more than usual lately. He doesn't fit in his 1 diapers either. He just never seems to be full! I think he is definitely going through a growth spurt.
    Patrick born on 8/24/08 at 7 lbs. 14 oz.
    1 year!
    Charlotte born on 11/11/10 at 7 lbs. 10 oz.
    1 month

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mammaof2 View Post
    My lo is the same age as yours and going through the same things as yours. I just figured it is a growth spurt. My dd would sleep from around 11 at night to 6 or 7 in the morning, but has added that middle of the night feeding again... I' m sure this will pass soon! Hang in there mamma!
    My DD wakes up for a mid-of-nite feeding tioo!! Well, only soimetimes, but I'd grown used to her sleepiong thru the night!!

Glad other mamas with same age LOs are getting this too!!

for 18+ months! Now we only nurse on one side because mama's other side is predisposed to recurring mastitis!!

Default Re: Is she having a growth spurt? Teething already?!

OMG!! Poor DD!!! Today I noticed a little pearly white poking out of her lower gum, and at only 2.5 months!!! No wonder she has been wanting to nurse so much! Also sucks her hand ALL the time...won't take paci now and only takes my finger or thumb on occasion.

I contacted the nurse-on-call today and she said that 2.5 months is very early for teething but it can happen at this age...sometimes a little ridge of tooth cuts the gum and it can take a few months for the tooth to actually appear...which is just what this looks like!! It's so hard because she is still too little to holdf the teething ring in her mouth... Any suggestions??

How might these little toofies affect our nursing relationship?

I ordered a Razberry teething paci for her today...hopefully it will be here soon!! I feel so bad for my little one!!