Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Going back to work in 2 weeks...

Default Going back to work in 2 weeks...

I am going back to work in 2 weeks, and I'm very nervous. I hope to continue BF but I'm afraid of being discouraged when I get tired of pumping at work. My plan is to pump once in the morning after I feed the LO, then at noon, and one last time around 4pm. I hope I get enough milk this way. Have any of you been discouraged but continued BF anyway while working? What helped you?
    Patrick born on 8/24/08 at 7 lbs. 14 oz.
    1 year!
    Charlotte born on 11/11/10 at 7 lbs. 10 oz.
    1 month

Default Re: Going back to work in 2 weeks...

Yep! You are definately not alone there! I went back to work at 7 weeks and cried the whole week. I had to force myself to snap out of it, concentrate on working and getting home to DS. I realized that stress was bad for my milk production and I was 100% gonna give DS my milk if I hard to work! The things that helped were, co-sleeping (I love feeling him next to me), spending time together on the weekends, babywearing and having a DCP that we both LOVED.

It's a commitment, bbut one of the best ones you can make. Take one day at a time, take care of your body and what you put into it (I just ate 3 mini Snickers) and ask as many questions as you need to.

After 12+ months of pumping, I can do it anywhere, in the car, while driving, at work, in an airplane bathroom, etc.

Good choice Mama!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Jenna562 View Post

It's a commitment, bbut one of the best ones you can make. Take one day at a time,

Good choice Mama!

You can do it mama!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

You are not alone! I felt the same way. Once you get back to work you do fall into a routine and it just becomes a part of your day. I hated being separated from my LO so I was happy to be able to provide nourishment for him while I was away. Just take it one day at a time and keep coming here for support! I found it very comforting to connect with other working and breaastfeeding mamas.
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09