Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: drop in supply before period

Default drop in supply before period

So last week I was at least 5 oz short per day of what I usually pumped. Then this weekend I finally got my period back. So I am assuming that is what caused the sudden drop? I did a little better today at only 4 oz short. How long does it take for your supply to go back up after a period?

Default Re: drop in supply before period

Same thing happens here - though I have found that more months into the period returning, the less the impact on milk supply. I think within a few days - probably by about day 2 or 3 of your flow you should be back to 'norma'. Don't be surprised if you see a slight drop in production around when you are ovulating, too. This seems - for me anyway - less significant and only a day or two at most.
    good luck!
    -linda

Default Re: drop in supply before period

I don't have my period back yet, so I can't comment from personal experience, but found this link that has some great info ...

Menstruation and Breastfeeding

Take care!

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon