Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 7 month old constant crying

Default 7 month old constant crying

My DD cries whenever I leave the room. Any time I walk away she cries. This has been going on for over 2 months. This makes it very difficult for me to care for older son, the household, and myself. I often only stick to caring for my son because I get tired of the constant crying, leaving myself and house a mess. (I have asked the dr and he says she must love mom. But my son is a momma's boy and never did this)

Sometimes I wonder if it has to do with her feedings. I am away at work 10 hours of the day, and I only pump 8-10 ounces. I feel like she should be getting a lot more than that during that time. When I home, I BF every 3 hours as she demands. This is also through the night which I would love to skip one feeding, but right now I need the crying to stop.

Has anyone else gone through this? My DS did not do this, but he was only the child receiving my attention. Is that all this is, attention getting? When I say she cries when I am in a different room, many people think I am exaggerating until they witness it. It is true and constant.

any help?
    Last edited by @llli*ettelin; November 4th, 2008 at 03:43 PM.

Default Re: 7 month old constant crying

It sounds to me like she is attached and showing some separation anxiety. Our LO has been this way forever with me. He is fine if I am not there, but if I am home he always wants to be with me.

Have you tried wearing your baby? Then your LO is with you all the time and you can still get things done.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nolies.mama View Post
    It sounds to me like she is attached and showing some separation anxiety. Our LO has been this way forever with me. He is fine if I am not there, but if I am home he always wants to be with me.

Have you tried wearing your baby? Then your LO is with you all the time and you can still get things done.
    I was going to suggest getting a sling/carrier to wear her in.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Prime age for sep. anxiety. I third the option-wear that baby, if possible!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Thanks for the input.
    Any ideas for a good carrier/sling that will make housework still possible?
    (I also don't have much $$ to spend)