Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Will the other boob always leak?

Default Will the other boob always leak?

Just wondering after soaking myself in public again yesterday.

When ever I feed DD the other side drips, a lot! I always wear pads but sometimes leak through. Will it eventually settle down, or do both breasts always let down?
    Mama of two precious girls
    DD1 born 23 July 2008 and
    DD2 born 14 January 2010

Default Re: Will the other boob always leak?

It does eventually even out. I can't remember how long it takes, but I think I stopped leaking from the other boob around 4 mos or so? At least in large enough amounts to notice. If you leak a lot you might consider breast shells, you can catch the milk and save it that way. I had a friend recommend it to me, but I never really leaked enough to make it worth saving.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

I leaked for awhile almost 6 months then it stopped... the only time I would leak after that was in the shower or when I was excited. LOL
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Mine still leak every once in a while.
    Wife to Levi 10/05/02
    Mommy to Kady 02/13/08

Birth: 7 lbs 11 oz 21 inches
    2 week: 8.5 lbs 21.5 inches
    2 month: 11.8 lbs 23 inches
    4 month: 15 lbs 25 inches
    6 month: 17.7lbs 26.5 inches
    9 month: 20.1lbs 27.5 inches
    12 month: 23 lbs 29.5 inches

hey - look at the positive, at least you are making ample enough to leak!
    for 1 year ! We are fully weaned... . We kicked deadbeat dad to curb and rocking 2010 on our own! It is what it is!

May 16, 2008

My LO is 10 months and I haven't worn breast pads for months and months - at least since 6 months. The only time I would need them is if I was going to miss more than one feeding and then I would get a let-down when it was time for her to nurse, but I still wouldn't leak nearly as much as I did when she was just a few months old.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

My lo is 2 months old and I have the same problem. I dont know if you are using washable or disposable nursing pads, but I've found that the playtex ones are super absorbent and usuallyn manage to keep my dry when I need them to.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Hehe...looks like I won't hold out hope of it going away any time soon then, and just be happy if it does.

Good point, at least I should be making plenty milk if I leak this much! And in the last few weeks it's gone to dripping instead of spraying, thank goodness for that. I had quite the range for a while!

If it keeps up I might look into the shells. I'm using disposable pads but know I should be using washables...I'll have to look into it. I get a let down if I even think of nursing. I have crazy boobies!

Thanks for the replies!
    Mama of two precious girls
    DD1 born 23 July 2008 and
    DD2 born 14 January 2010

Mine still leak (DD is almost 2) but it's fairly minimal now. I don't wear breastpads, and haven't for a long time. It is enough though that I press on my nipple on the other side while my milk lets down to stop it from flowing (obviously might look a bit strange if we NIPed). And if I'm pretty full, I have to hold it the whole time she nurses. Fortunately she's too distracted when we're out and about now to want to nurse, so I really only deal with it at home. It's only a pain for nursing in the middle of the night. If we both fall back asleep while she's on the first side, I leak all over the sheets.