Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Weird (and slightly embarassing) question

Default Weird (and slightly embarassing) question

I have noticed a 'b.o.' smell emanating from my nipples of all places. I know there are glands or gland tissue there, but this is my 3rd bf child and the 1st time this has happened. It is not there all the time, usually when my little guy has been giving them a workout through frequent feedings. Has anyone else experienced this or am I a case for a medical journal?
    Babies are Just Awesome

now cloth diapering that
    Mom to Liv, Soph & now Baby Nate Nate

Are you typing with one hand, too?

birth: 7lbs 14oz / discharge: 7lbs 1oz / day 7 8lbs 1 oz / day 14 8lbs 15oz / day 28 10lbs 7oz / 9 weeks 13lbs 12oz/ 17 weeks 16lbs 2oz
    / 6 months 19lbs 7oz

Default Re: Weird (and slightly embarassing) question

hmmm, could it be an infection? Are there any other signs/symptoms (oozing, flaking, etc) around the nipple? Does baby have any teeth?
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

You know, I feel like I had something similar with DD, but now I don't notice it as much. I never did figure out what it was... although I think in my case I decided it was coming from underneath the breasts and I actually even put deoderant there once or twice.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

are you taking fenugreek or anything? sometimes that can make you stink in weird places haha
    I'm Jamie, and im Proud to be:
    Carter's SAHM since 11-27-07 and now to Eli too, since 7-25-11
    Cody's Wife since 8-28-08

and and

my healthy boys don't get vaccines

i noticed when i used to take fenugreek, blessed thistle, and nettle leaves that i would have an odor on my breasts!
    for 1 year ! We are fully weaned... . We kicked deadbeat dad to curb and rocking 2010 on our own! It is what it is!

May 16, 2008