Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: car traveling w/pumped milk

Default car traveling w/pumped milk

This weekend we are going on a trip a couple hrs away. I plan to bring some pumped milk to be used the following day and will bring it in a cooler. Once we get to the destination I will transfer it to the fridge. My husband will be with the baby the next day while I'm at a baby shower for a friend. How long can the bottles stay out of the fridge for him to use during the shower while I am away?
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies

Default Re: car traveling w/pumped milk

Hi Karin! Nice to see you back.

I say if the temp. is moderate, 10hours
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I am actually the one who posted the question. For some weird reason I was logged in as Karin.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*isign4jc View Post
    I am actually the one who posted the question. For some weird reason I was logged in as Karin.
    well my answer is the same for you too
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Wow...10 hours out of the fridge seems like a long time, but that's terrific! It gives me more flexibility for traveling. Thanks!

once it has been refridgerated? or right after you have pumped it?

and if you have already refridgerated it, are you going to thaw it?
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

I'm going to keep it in the fridge during the weekend and put it in the diaper bag on Sunday for him to use during the shower. So it will have already been refridgerated. I guess it will be "thawing" as it sits in the diaper bag. So, how long can it be in the diaper bag before it goes bad?