Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Forgot cord! What do you do?

Default Forgot cord! What do you do?

somehow the cord for my pump isn't in the bag/attached as normal! Meaning I can't plug it in and pump today
    I know one day won't ruin everything, but what do you do if you forgot a part at home/can't pump?

I'm not close enough to just run home, either. And I don't think they just sell the electric cord at the stores (there is a Target near).

Default Re: Forgot cord! What do you do?

Is there a store nearby where you can buy a hand pump? They're usually pretty affordable and nice to have around anyways as a "back up".

Or - you can try to hand express.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Do some manual expression. You can try to express in the bottle (if you can pull it off), plus it will help you from being miserable all day. I have so been there!

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

your pump doesn';t have a battery back up?
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*trafty024 View Post
    And I don't think they just sell the electric cord at the stores (there is a Target near).
    What pump do you have?
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

I have a Medela Pump in Style. If there is a spot for batteries, I don't see it...

So far I feel OK - my supply has actually been going down quite a bit as I had planned to wean off nusring in the next few weeks. But now I've decided not to (long story - I posted in the 'increasing supply' seciton about it). So when I pump I only get 4-6 oz per day anyway.

I think I'll use it as a good reason to sneak out of work early and go home to pump before picking up from daycare.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*trafty024 View Post
    I have a Medela Pump in Style.
    I know they sell the power cords at BRU, I think it is hit and miss with Target. Good luck!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

many Targets do sell the power cord. I would check, or as Hillary said, go to a BRU or a local hospital gift shop often does.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

The battery pack is a separate attachment you buy (it plugs in where the power cord would). I would hand express now, and get a hand pump to keep at work as a backup.

Or, if you're far too flexible like me, you could even self-express; that's what I did when I forgot my shields in the dishdrain. (Yes, I bent my neck down & my boobs up - it actually tasted good.)
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*imma2nonstopaa View Post
    Or, if you're far too flexible like me, you could even self-express; that's what I did when I forgot my shields in the dishdrain. (Yes, I bent my neck down & my boobs up - it actually tasted good.)
    Now that is impressive! My boobs are way to small to ever pull anything like that off.

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06