Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At Wits End Over Pumping!!

Default Re: At Wits End Over Pumping!!

Be sure to do breast compressions while pumping also. That always helps me pump more milk.
    Stay at home mom to my 2 boys:
    R - born 4/20/08, nursed for 20 months
    G - born 8/6/11, EPd for 4 months, until he refused the bottle!
    Loving CDing this time around!

Another thing you need to do is chill!:
    If you start stressing about it that will affect your let down and you will get less milk.
    Also try pumping from one breast while feeding from the other. Alot of people find that helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*breastfedfour View Post
    Hi, I have breastfed four children now,although this does not make me an expert, I have found that if you pump right before your feeding it hleps. The other thing that deffinatley works is pumping both breasts at the same time. Hope this helps.
    this concerns me in your case IMHO I wouldn't do this. baby needs the milk first and work on pumping secondarily.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I also pump right before she feeds as this helps to increase the milk supply. OR pumping in the middle of the night is great. It is rough to get yourself out of bed to do, but you'll be able to get a good couple of ounces. Your supply will increase over time.

The breast shield size won't increase or decrease as far as I know. That's a size/comfort issue not one of milk supply.