Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How do I start a stash for when I return to work?

Default How do I start a stash for when I return to work?

I will be returning to work in two months and am EP. Right now, I pump whenever DS feeds and it's just enough to cover how much he needs (about 3-4 ounces every 3-4 hours). When and how should I start freezing a stash for when I go back?

Default Re: How do I start a stash for when I return to work?

Does your little one sleep for a few hours at night? I had to build up a very big stash for a weekend away and I found that if I pumped at midnight each night I eventually started producing more and more milk for that "feed". I am not EPing though.

I'm not EPing, but when I was getting ready to return to work I was adding extra pumping sessions to increase supply. I also pumped early in the morning (5am), that was when I got the most.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*luvmybabies View Post
    I'm not EPing, but when I was getting ready to return to work I was adding extra pumping sessions to increase supply. I also pumped early in the morning (5am), that was when I got the most.

and although I was not ep'ing either, I would pump after every feed so I am not sure how you could make that work?
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

I am not ep-ing, but before I returned to work my dd started sleeping for longer stretches at night. I would wake up once during that stretch and pump. It was hard to get up the motivation since I was actually getting some sleep, but I was able to build up and maintain enough milk for returning to work.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!