Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Stupid Thush!>$#@!

Default Stupid Thush!>$#@!

Ok, so I'm assuming this is still thrush. Ladies I am desperate. I have done the nyastati, the gentian violet, the one dose diflucan, and currently on the 14-day diflucan. It seemed like my nipples started getting better, then all of a sudden last night they got all red and started burning again. I am just LOST. I have done everything next to not nursing. And with as much pain as I'm in, I can't handle nursing. My LO LOVES to pull of and has an AWFUL latch (any pointers to fixing this would be great also!) but this normally doesn't bother me all that much except now my nipples are on fire again. I've tried everything. Could this be something other than thrush?? My LO has NO signs of it whatsoever and like I said, it looked like it was going away, then last night it came back all of a sudden. Could it just be irritated nipples from the way he is latching??? I wish I could take a picture and show you. I have pretty large nipples, but he is barely taking any of the areola in his mouth, and my nipples look like lipstick afterwards. How can I fix this? We have tried a shield again out of desperation, but it still hurts. I'm just desperate for any kind of help. I don't want to have to go see the doc AGAIN for this!!!
    I married my best friend Nick on 4/7/07
    My mom is my
    My Great Grandmother is my Guardian
    We have been off and on since day one!
    is the most amazing experience I have ever had! And I love to as much as possible!
    And I'm getting better at remembering to

Default Re: Stupid Thush!>$#@!

Have you tried All Purpose Nipple Ointment? You have to get a prescription from your doctor and take it to a compounding pharmacy but it helped me tons when I was dealing with thrush.

Also, maybe it could be vasospasm/nipple blanching from compression/bad latch? Do your nipples ever turn white when you are feeling the pain?
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

First, have you been treating your lo for thrush as well? I know you said he had no symptoms but if you have it then he does as well.

With that said, if he has a bad latch and you have both been treated for thrush than it's probably the latch not the thrush.
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

Ok, so it is definitely the latch because I did some research last night on how to get a 5mo to relearn how to latch and have been working on it ever since and my nipples feel so much better than they usually did after nursing. They still turn white and we still have lots of work to do, but we will get there! This bfing thing is a lot tougher than I ever expected!!! I have had more hiccups in the road than I ever expected! My nipples are still sore, but hopefully once we fix this latch problem once and for all it will get better!
    My mom is my
    is the most amazing experience I have ever had! And I love to as much as possible!

That's great! Which resources were you using? I'm just asking b/c I've had nipple soreness associated with a cyst on my nipple and I notice that when we get a good latch it doesn't hurt as much. But I haven't been sure as to how to improve an older baby's latch.

EDA: don't forget the lansinosh for sore nipples
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

They were the websites that were about the Vthing and blanching, I just played around on that site and also read up in my stuff from medela and from the hospital. (Ya, I kept all that stuff.) My mom also got me a lot of info from her LC at her work. So I have a lot of material to read through.
    My mom is my