Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Please help me feel more confident

Unhappy Please help me feel more confident

I am a SAHM so I rarely leave DS. I own my own business of training horses, lessons and I sometimes judge horse shows. I have an ALL DAY horse show to judge tomorrow from 10 am until ? pm. Horses are my passion in life, and I am very excited about the show. This will be the first thing I have done since DS was born a YEAR ago.

DS will be with DH and his grandma here at home all day. From all the books I have read, DS is best decribed by Dr Sears as "High Needs". He has a BAD case of Mama's Boy.

I am very sad about leaving him and it is taking away my excitment for the show. I am worried he will fuss all day, like he does sometimes when I do leave him. I feel guilty for enjoying my horses.

I can't back out of the horse show b/c I am getting paid. Please help
    Exclusively and every minute of it!!
    SAHM Magic Mama to Rowdy
    Born 10/13/07 ALL NATURAL
    9lbs 10 oz, 21" long

Excited about becoming a LC!!!!!!

Default Re: Please help me feel more confident

Hes going to do just fine!

Your hubby will do fine and so will grandma!

Go and have a great time.

Don't feel guilty, mama. Go and have fun recapturing something that you clearly enjoy doing so much. Your son will be just fine. Daddy and grandma will probably spoil the heck out of him. Both times when I've left my dd overnight I've been extremely concerned about how she would do- especially sleeping, since she cosleeps and used to nurse all night long. Both times she was perfectly fine. Somehow when they know we aren't around and available they are much easier to deal with than if they know we are there somewhere and just not coming to them.

Hopefully your DH and grandma have some fun activities planned to keep him interested and distracted while you are gone (and if not, maybe you could gently suggest a few).

Have fun at the horse show!!
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Jenna (Jenna562) just recently had to do this and everything turned out fine! I think that us moms end to worry more than we need to. I hate leaving Nolan any time I have to with Gma or Auntie but he loves it. He is always ok...way better than I am!

It will be ok mama. Go enjoy yourself!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

My DD is the same way. She walks around the house with my pant leg in her hand most of the time...and follows me from room to room...I still have company in th bathroom!! She is usually not well behaved when I leave her and she does tend to cry especially if tired when I leave her. I have been out of work (which i olny work 10 hours a week) for 3 months. in this time frame my daughter has become unbearably clingy. She is 11 months old, still sleeps with me and still nurses like a champ...hates bottles and dislikes the cup. When I do leave her she is fine until tired and she will usually cry herself to sleep. It's hard but I think it is healthy for babies to get comfy with others (Grandma Auntie..and other relatives). I still freak out when I leave (I can't help it) but I try to tell myself that she is ok, and safe where she is.
    I think mommies deserve some self time doing something you love and are passionate about. It rejuvenates us and makes us better moms and happier people.
    ..................If you must check on your sweet baby...which i always do...I suggest texting on a cell phone cause if you call and they happen to be fussing it freaks ya out lol.!
    Good luck mommy and enjoy your day!

Yep, I just did the work weekend thing and I was really nervous-it was fine! Practically I think DS will be fussy for a while and then adapt. I know DS is more fussy with me that g-ma or DH.

Emotionally, you love horses and you love being a mom-I like to look at it like if we as moms give all day every day, we get worn out! If you take 1 day off to do something you love, it may revitalize you and your spirit and give you a jump start on being an even better mom! Doing for yourself sometimes is good for the LOs in the long run mama!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Thank you ladies....

I went and had a wonderful time, AND made some $.

Exclusively and every minute of it!!
    SAHM Magic Mama to Rowdy
    Born 10/13/07 ALL NATURAL
    9lbs 10 oz, 21" long

Excited about becoming a LC!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*hollandperformance.horses View Post
    Thank you ladies....

I went and had a wonderful time, AND made some $.

Good!!!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language