Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Have you experienced this??

Default Have you experienced this??

I have begun to wean DD who is 16 months. She nursed at naptime (2pm) bedtime when I'm home (8pm) and through the night (1pm & 4am). I have cut out her naptime nursing which we are easily getting over. And I am working on cutting out her bedtime nursing. It seems since we have done away with the nap and bedtime nursing, she is waking earlier around 11pm, and waking up 1-2 more times during the night. Reverse cycling? Have any of you experienced this which weaning your LO?
    I am in love with my family.
    I'm Christi wife to Nick of 6 years &
    mommy to my precious little girls Katelin and Madilynn

Default Re: Have you experienced this??

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ladybugs View Post
    I have begun to wean DD who is 16 months. She nursed at naptime (2pm) bedtime when I'm home (8pm) and through the night (1pm & 4am). I have cut out her naptime nursing which we are easily getting over. And I am working on cutting out her bedtime nursing. It seems since we have done away with the nap and bedtime nursing, she is waking earlier around 11pm, and waking up 1-2 more times during the night. Reverse cycling? Have any of you experienced this which weaning your LO?
    Do you think she is compensating for the lost calories or water?

I have noticed that she has been drinking a lot lately, although I did just get he the next stage up in the sippy cup. And she has not been eating very well, but I think that has to do with the two teeth she just cut this past week.
    I am in love with my family.
    I'm Christi wife to Nick of 6 years &
    mommy to my precious little girls Katelin and Madilynn

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ladybugs View Post
    I have noticed that she has been drinking a lot lately, although I did just get he the next stage up in the sippy cup. And she has not been eating very well, but I think that has to do with the two teeth she just cut this past week.
    Sounds more like a teeth issue to me and was my first though then I saw you mentioned it. It sometimes takes them a week or two to get back on track. It could also be the time with out you. What are you doing in place of the nursing that you have weaned from for comfort?
    wife , mom, maid , cook , taxi. All in a days work