Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our weaning story!

Default Re: Our weaning story!

Heather thanks for sharing your story. I hope our weaning process goes just as smoothly. You are such a wonderful Mommy to that cute little man

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like you were both ready. Cooper sounds like a great little guy

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jeannie.bean View Post
    Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like you were both ready. Cooper sounds like a great little guy

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

Thank you ladies...Cooper really is amazing, he blows my mind every day with something new. He has his moments where I want to mail him to my mother but we deal
    Thanks for reading my rambling!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

That is a very sweet story! I'm sure you guys will continue to reap the rewards of the relationship that nursing builds for years to come.
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

Thanks for sharing, Heather! I admit I cried while reading your experience, though. I think it's great you've weaned so gently, but I think about Katy weaning and...wow. It's so hard to imagine.
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

mama!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

How old was Cooper when you (or should I say Cooper) were ready to start this process? I am curious to see what age this generally happens. My daughter Hannah is 23 months old and I am wondering if it is going to happen soon or not.

I am on the fence whether or not I want to have her stop nursing. There are days where I want to pull my hair out, but most of the days it's amazing still and I wouldn't change it for the world.

I really started distracting him when he was over a year so he wouldnt be nursing all day long. After he was a year old, we were nursing in the morning, before during and after nap, before bed and at least 5-6 times at night (sometimes more sometimes less) Until about 20 months when we tried the Dr Jay Gordon method for night weaning an older nursling. It worked great, and he seemed to understand that there would be no more nursing at night so he just stopped asking. By 21 months, we were completely done with nursing.
    In my opinion, both baby and mom should be happy with their nursing relationship. If you are ready to cut back, there is no shame in that. At 23 months, you should be able to try some gentle encouragment towards weaning, and if she is ready she will go along with it ( i think so anyway) I think if my son were not ready, he wouldnt have done it so easily. We tried nightweaning around 16 months, and he was going ballistic so I know he wasnt ready.
    I really believe they do it in their own time, but sometimes they might need a little push to get started.

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!