Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pumping enough???

Default Re: pumping enough???

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lilbirdie22 View Post
    When I was pumping at work I pumped 3x's a day for a total of 12-14oz at the end of the day. My DD always took 3 4oz bottles and I never increased the amount. She didn't seem to need it until around 6 mos which is when we started solids so we never did increase the amount.
    this is my experience as well and a common one with BF babies
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I think I need to clarify what I mean by "schedule". It wasn't my schedule, it was determined by him, and I by no means stuck to it. Its just when our bf got good and established, he wasn't hungry until sometime around the 3 hour mark, sometimes it was 2 hours, sometimes 2 1/2, but generally 3. So I just call it a 3 hour schedule. Also, this all revolved around the bottle and how much milk I was putting in it and the fact that his fussiness didn't involve normal hunger cues. Now that I have put 5 oz. in the bottle, my mom said he sometimes goes 3 1/2 hours between feedings, sometimes less, sometimes more- so you just never know. Its so hard to judge b/c its not an exact science.

got it
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Smile Re: pumping enough???

I'm feeling much better. I tend to stress a lot about this and I'm a little OCD too. My LO is not on a schedule either, but tends to be hungry about every 3 hours too. During the evening though, she is glued to me until she goes to bed. She wakes for one night feeding and then I nurse her one more time before going to work. I'm glad to hear that she probably won't need much more than she gets now. I'm determined to make it to 1 yr. this time around.