Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sad about BFing last baby for the last time

Default Sad about BFing last baby for the last time

I'm about a week away from BFing my 1 year old twins for the last time. I'm looking forward to many things about weaning but it definitely feels bittersweet. I remember being so upset about weaning our older child and it wasn't as hard (for either of us) as I expected it to be. But it's weird knowing that our baby days are over. I'll miss the way they look at me when they're nursing. Ugh. So upset. This'll pass, right? How did they get so big? Having twins is hard and I guess I'm also upset about not appreciating them enough when they were very little.

Default Re: Sad about BFing last baby for the last time

I am not there yet but just wanted to applaud your making it this far. What a wonderful thing you've done for your little ones. Something new will replace those sweet moments.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Are they big? I keep looking at my son (he's 8months old on the 22nd) and I've decided I'm pretty sure he's still going to be a baby in 4 months!!! If your not ready...maybe Stretch it out. It' seems a lot of women here do only the AM& PM nurse for while beyond a year. ANd then just one or the other. You could still get the looks and the connection and also regain most of your freedom. Just a thought! I echo the PPs applause. My cousin is having twins this month. If she makes it a year I'll be very proud of her!
    Last edited by DJ's Mom; August 14th, 2006 at 10:42 AM.

I agree! One year is not an arbitrary cut off date. It's a recommended minimum. Many mothers nurse beyond one year. You can feel confident in doing so, too. Please don't feel that you have to rush to the finish line. You can take your time weaning, and truly enjoy those last times.

Good luck to you!

I say if you are are not ready to stop breastfeeding, don't. You can't prolong the baby times forever, but you can certainly give yourself time to be ready for the next cycle. Give yourself time to adjust and enjoy these moments.