Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I even stood on my head!

Default I even stood on my head!

So...I have tried all the regular things to get rid of a couple of plugged ducts in my left breast - even stood on my head to get my baby to nurse in a different area - I'm not kidding!

What am I missing?

I am thinking about starting the lecithin supplements you all have suggested.

Any other ideas?

I've had these ducts plugged for a while now and am getting very tired of them!

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!

Default Re: I even stood on my head!

When I get plugged ducts, I fill a sink with hot water and soak my breast in it for 5 min. Then I feed the baby, then I spend about an hour or as long as I can stand it hand expressing milk and pushing on the lump until it comes out. The only thing that has worked for me is the lecithin. I was getting plugged ducts every other day and was starting to get really depressed about it. The lecithin took me about 2 weeks for it to really start to work though.

Wow! You're tough to spend an hour doing that. I am going to try tonight. I'm home from work tomorrow with a sick toddler - so I'm keeping my baby home with me, too and hope to have this duct thing worked out. Thanks for the help and ideas....

I'm Erica

- nursed for one year

- nursed for 23 months

Sorry you have a sick toddler and a plugged duct. I can't stand having plugged ducts, it stinks.

Yeah, I'm actually kind of grateful that I get to stay home w/ the toddler - so that I have an excuse to take care of the ducts. Plugged ducts would not be a reason by themselves that I could miss work. Thanks for the kind thoughts. I do hope my toddler will feel better soon. He was really miserable this afternoon.

I'm Erica

- nursed for one year

- nursed for 23 months

You are doing a great job. I couldn't imagine working, taking care of a toddler and an infant and struggling with plugged ducts. I am taking the year off and only have the one infant so far. It will come out, just make sure to get some rest so it doesn't get worse.

Thanks. I'm starting to feel really discouraged. Even though she's nursing well on that side, I can't seem to feel the plugs loosening. I'm not sure what to do!

I'm Erica

- nursed for one year

- nursed for 23 months