Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: oh the success ;)

Default oh the success ;)

Okay well. we did GREAT! Nursing today. We made it until about noon without any supplements! I figured out what's going on. If I give him my left breast he will take it and nurse great. but after a few feedings he wants more then he can get. I got him to nurse my right once while we were gone. all without fighting me !
    but then later he would NOT take my Right. I think it's just hard to latch because of the capsular contration (implants). so i just expressed it.

he woke 2 times last night and nursed my left. in the morning he nursed my left again. then i expressed my right. so he seems to be able to get most feedings from just my left side though!

then tonight he was fine, i nursed him left until he started pulling off screaming then gave him my right. he took it for a minute and started screaming. Maybe he doesn't like laying on that side?? so finally after about an hour of going back and forth, checking his gums and all he drank a whole bottle again. and is now asleep so i expressed

so i think for now i am going to have to keep nursing the left and expressing the right. and what i get from the right can be what he gets in a bottle during the day if he needs anything.

today i really could tell a difference. because my right boob was HUGE after he finished eating on the left LOL! so funny but i'm glad he is nursing! only 2 supplements a day and i am sure it will be less soon!

I wanted to say the support here has been amazing and I am very happy to have found this wonderful group of girls!
    ~*TiffanyJewel*~
    Happily Married !
    SAHM to my two beautiful boys
    Ethan my sweet big boy! born 9-9-04
    Aidan my little nursling! (relactation) born
    5-2-06!
    Natalie Jewel Our Valentine! Born
    2-14-08
    *Relactation- a labor or Love*

Default Re: oh the success ;)

WONDERFUL!!! That sounds great, I also wanted to tell you you CAN totally only nurse on one side, full time! I do...my son is older now but he started prefering the right early on and I fed him for months with ONLY that breast...so your body will and can adjust!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz_Trio
    WONDERFUL!!! That sounds great, I also wanted to tell you you CAN totally only nurse on one side, full time! I do...my son is older now but he started prefering the right early on and I fed him for months with ONLY that breast...so your body will and can adjust!

great to know thank you!! I have a feeling that's how things will go for us as well!

Now lets hope he doesn't want to wean for a VERY long time hehe
    ~*TiffanyJewel*~
    Happily Married !
    SAHM to my two beautiful boys
    Ethan my sweet big boy! born 9-9-04
    Aidan my little nursling! (relactation) born
    5-2-06!
    Natalie Jewel Our Valentine! Born
    2-14-08
    *Relactation- a labor or Love*

If my girls weren't sleeping I would be cheering out loud! I am very happy for you and hope things continue!!

Take care,

Congrats hon! I hope to be following in your footsteps soon!

AWESOME JOB MAMA!