Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 24 hour rule

Default 24 hour rule

I know that thawed bm is good for 24 hours, but after a feeding if there is still bm in the bottle can I refrigerate and use again at a later feeding within the 24 hour period? I think I have read that some place, but want to be sure.

Thanks

Default Re: 24 hour rule

I have read that you can offer the same milk at the next feeding if the feedings are less than 4 hours apart.
    ~ Theresa
    wife to Mike and mommy to Clara (9-5-08) 2 years and going strong!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tmwmommy View Post
    I have read that you can offer the same milk at the next feeding if the feedings are less than 4 hours apart.
    That's what we do, but we smell it first, just in case. So far, so good!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

yup, you can offer it at the next feeding - just don't reheat it
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tmwmommy View Post
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language