Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: For MastiffKarin

Question For MastiffKarin

Sorry Karin, I've had quite a day with miss thing so I just got to post this now.

Karin's needing a little help increasing her milk for Me'la. She's 10months and gets 2 bottles per day. Karin's feeling like she has no more milk. She does compressions when she nurse and only gets about 3 ozs when she pumps. She does feel a letdown when pumping but not while nursing. Me'la does not want want to nurse. Any ideas for Karin? TIA.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Default Re: For MastiffKarin

I've always wondered where she was! Anyway, I'm unclear; does she want to increase output while pumping or nursing or both?

When my pumping output dropped (at about 10 mos) I took fungreek (sp?), ate a lot of oatmeal and made sure to drink a ton of water. What helped the most while pumping was to relax, not type or talk on the phone...just stop and close my eyes and visualize LO and waterfalls of milk. I also do compressions while pumping.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

When my supply drops I use fenugreek. My sis combined fenugreek and blessed thistle drops and she said it worked wonders! The thing is,you have to make sure you up your water intake and eat a bit more food. I find that I'm extra hungry when I try to increase my supply.

Could it be hormonal? Does she already have her period back? I think I remember her saying she does. That can always cause a dip in supply.

Does Karin think Mela doesn't want to nurse because of low supply? It could just be a normal 10 month old thing. I remember thinking D was weaning at 11 months, until 12 months hit and he nursed like a newborn again!!!
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

I swear by oatmeal, mother's milk tea and having something of lo's around to smell right before pumping. I would always keep a blanket or something in the car and try and get a good whiff prior to nursing. Also, stand up and do the mama rock while pumping, close your eyes and visualize rocking lo while nursing, hum a lullaby. It's worked plenty a time for me.

As for Mela not wanting to nurse, is she distrated or fighting the breast?
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Are you she is coming here Tiff? Are you sure she doens't need you to post this at the other site? I've never seen Kari here since the upgrade.....

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    Are you she is coming here Tiff? Are you sure she doens't need you to post this at the other site? I've never seen Kari here since the upgrade.....
    She's coming here. She specifically asked about this site. I don't hthink she has a problem accessing the EUS site. I also reset her account for her last night so she should be able to access this site with no problems.

Jenna, she does think that Me'la doesn't want to nurse because of low supply and she has been trying oatmeal daily.

I did suggest fenugreek.

I'll ask about if her cycle has returned and tell her it might be just a 10 month thing.

Thanks for the response ladies. I'll report back.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

See,s kind of like the 10 month "wall" and I know for me the more anxious I got about it, the more my supply dipped. I was pumping less and unsure about nursing output because of it. I did what was previously discussed and also remembered things we do for new borns...count diapers, look for signs of dehydration, hunger cues, etc.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language