Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: posting on behalf of friend

Default posting on behalf of friend

I am not very sure where this thread should go....I am sorry if this is on the wrong forum...
    My friend's ds is almost 6 months old and she thinks he is ready for solids..she is quite keen on getting her ds to start using straw sippy cups ( seems those hard spouted sippy cups can interfere with oral and speech development)...is 6 months the right age to introduce a straw cup??? anyone has had any experience with straw cups??? which straw sippy cup is good and BPA free???
    She also wanted to know which suction bowls and spoons are good (and BPA free)??Which high chairs are good and grow with your child?
    Btw, she likes products to be on the higher end...so feel free to suggest higher priced products and anything else you have found success with...

thanks on behalf of M

Default Re: posting on behalf of friend

ummmm..anyone?

is 6 months the right age to introduce a straw cup???
    As far as I know, 6 months is just fine for a straw cup.

which straw sippy cup is good and BPA free???She also wanted to know which suction bowls and spoons are good (and BPA free)??
    Here's a list: http://thesoftlanding.wordpress.com/...ally-bpa-free/

Which high chairs are good and grow with your child?
    This one always looked good to me, especially since it looks like it would wipe clean easily. It's quite high end.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

High chair - I have many years of experience using/sitting on the trip trap chair. The baby it was bought for is now 20 and we still use the chair. All wood, and it goes from high chair to booster seat to regular chair as well as making a good step ladder. It even looks good.

[URL="http://www.stokkeusa.com/tripptrapp.htm"] check out the demo in the top right corner
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

with pp on the tripp trapp. My niece uses one and loves it. We bought one for DD.

Thermos has some cool insulated straw sippies in their foogoo line. Stainless steel and Bpa free. She may also like the Kleen Kanteen or Sigg bottles, but not sure about straws for those.

As far as bowls and things go, the Boon line is pretty stylin'. Looks to be functional too. I also like the look of the Skip Hop Palette.

Sorry I don't have link posting capability on my PDA

HTH!
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

thank-you ladies for your inputs.This gave my friend a lot of ideas.

has anyone used the svan high chair?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*preggymama View Post
    thank-you ladies for your inputs.This gave my friend a lot of ideas.

has anyone used the svan high chair?
    Nope, but that's the one I wanted!! I might buy it for the next baby...but I'm worried my IL's will be insulted. they bought us a run-of-the-mill plastic one, which has worked great, and I do appreciate the gift...I just really like the Svan one a lot
    ~~~~ ~~~~
    Iryssa(24), DH(27)

DS born Sept. 21 '07, 8.5lbs
    Nursed for the last time Oct. 20 '08

DD born Jan. 20, '09, 8lbs 14oz

http://healthymomnbaby.blogspot.com/
    http://www.xanga.com/iryssa

dd uses the munchkin straw cups- not fancy, but she likes them. the tripp-trapp & svan high chairs look nice. The biggest thing I wish someone would have told me when looking for a high chair, is check to see how easy it is to get them in & out. I have a graco? that has a removable tray, but the part her legs fit through doesn't move out of the way, so if she straightens her legs when I'm getting her out, she can hurt her legs/knees.
    since 10/10/07
    and still going...