Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Asleep without breast.

Default Asleep without breast.

This is the first time dd2 has fallen asleep without nursing. Is this the beginning?

She started some strange things the past few days. She would twist and stretch and arch her back all while latched one....OUCH. I had it she just kept fooling around. So, I put her to bed she screamed. I got her after a few minutes and took her downstairs and gave her a bottle of milk.

She grabbed it and downed the milk. Curled up on my arms head on my chest and fell a sleep. I was able to put her to bed the first try without screaming and crying. My nipples are so sore the past week I am almost excited at the end....if that is what is happening. I am testing her to see.

She still does not sleep through the night and I am going to offer her a bottle if she wakes again.

Any thoughts about whay she would be twisted and arching her back and stuff while latched on? Dh things my milk is drying up...I do not agree but there is something wrong.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

Default Re: Asleep without breast.

Hard to tell..It may be that she is gradual weaning or that she just had a "off" day/week.
    My dd is just over 1 and some nights she will just fall asleep without nursing, now my ds would never fall asleep without nursing.
    I would say go with what feels right for you and your dd.
    Here is a great link from kellymom..
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/weaning/h...g_happens.html
    HTH

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

Default Re: Asleep without breast.

Thanks it does help. I have been going according to my guts and fears. There is so much going on in our lives that tonight really and truly has taken me by surprise.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.