Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I think we're making progress!

Default I think we're making progress!

Well, it would seem that my efforts are slowly, but surely starting to pay off. I'm starting to get a little bit of milk when I pump. Not much yet, but more than what I was getting when I started, which was nothing so I'll take what I've got for now. At least I have enough coming in where I can actually nurse her for a few minutes now without her getting upset because there's no milk coming out. Coupling that with the pumping and I think we have a chance to get somewhere here. Not to mention I've been loading up on all the herbs I can and Reglan. As of right now, I'm taking 3 reglan a day, 6 blessed thistle and somewhere around 8 or more fenugreek, not to mention the nursing tea 3 times a day.

I do have a question though. Why is it that most of the labels on my herbs say not to use during pregnancy? What makes them unsafe to use? I only ask because DH and i had unprotected yesterday before i realized that somewhere this week, i don't know when, I missed a micornor and being as they don't have the residual effects that regular estrogen pills do, there's a chance I could get pregnant from it. I really really hope not as we are definitely NOT ready for another baby right now but we'll deal with that if it happens. I'm just worried about taking those herbs if there's a chance I might be pregnant...

Default Re: I think we're making progress!

Congrats on the milk mama! Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*salzookeeper View Post

I do have a question though. Why is it that most of the labels on my herbs say not to use during pregnancy?
    I am pretty sure that all medications and herbs have to state that due to liability reasons. They can't say "oh for sure safe" and then have something wrong happen because then people could sue. I am not sure what effects herbs could have while pregnant. Have you tried here? I know there is a list of the herbals and I believe it is indicated whether you can take during pregnancy as well.

Good luck and keep it up!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Default Re: I think we're making progress!

Good for you mama!

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------