Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Doesn't like fruit?!?

Default Doesn't like fruit?!?

I think my LO doesn't like fruit! Veggies she gobbles up. We've tried Sweet potato, butternut squash, carrots, peas, green beans, wax beans. She even like avocado. All those things she'll eat up in an instant! Fruit though- Banana, peaches, pears, apricot she scrunches up her face and won't eat more than a bite or two. I thought maybe it was temperature, so I've tried warming the fruit. Still nothing.
    How strange is that?!
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

Default Re: Doesn't like fruit?!?

Not that strange really - they might be more tart or something ( i dduno never tasted baby food) but just keep trying Never give up... some thing I have read over and over is it takes something like 10-20 exposures to a food before a kid can relaly warm up to them. Plus this stage is all about learning to eat, more than learning what they 'like'- y/k?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Ds2 does not like fruit either. He had similar responses to your lo when he was under 1, he is 2.5 now. He occasionally eats apples but that is it. He normally will not even eat anything with fruit in it. I keep offering and yesterday he ate some yogurt with rasberries mixed in. His pediatrician was not worried about his lack of interest in fruit, since he eats just about every vegetable imaginable.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

There were a lot of fruits DS didn't like at first. He didn't like pears, bananas, apples, apricots... I don't really remember anymore, but I've noticed that he will eat stuff in cut up in chunks that he wouldn't eat pureed. He really, really loves fruit now though.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Glad to know she's not alone in this! I'll keep trying with the fruit. Maybe it'll grow on her.
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness