Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: what to give LO for snack

Default what to give LO for snack

DS is almost 11 months, and I'm having trouble thinking of things to give him for a snack. I've just done Cheerios and Gerber puffs. I mainly save the Gerber puffs for when were out in public and need him to quiet down, since he loves them but I don't want to give him too many of those. He has a good pincer grasp but only 4 teeth. I don't think he needs a lot of snacks throughout the day, and I've been holding off on giving snacks most days up till now. But now, I think he is getting to the point where I want to offer some little solid snack between meals. What are others doing at this age?

ETA: I forgot to mention we both are strictly dairy-free for the forseeable future due to LO's dairy allergy.
    Last edited by @llli*lovebeingmommy; October 23rd, 2008 at 01:39 PM.

Default Re: what to give LO for snack

At that age my dd's favorite snack was baby lima beans. We just put them in a bowl for her and she'd snack all day on them. Pretty much any fruit or veggie that your lo can pick up works well for snacks. I much prefer those over the typical snacks. There are many salt-free crackers available, goldfish crackers, etc. We did cheese sticks at that age too.

HTH!
    ~Brandi~

Loving wife to K
    Proud stepmom to B, and proud mom to J and R-A
    and our newest addition C

Happily homeschooling
    Still and and

Ask me about Parkinson's Disease! Visit me at Life With Shaky!

At that age we offered string cheese, cottage cheese, canned fruits (since they are so soft), banana, rice cake, Earth's Best crackers and granola/fruit bars, toast, snapea crisps, yogurt, and Veggie Booty.
    I'm Wendi.
    Mom to:
    DD1 7/28/07 for 21 mos and weaned with
    &
    DD2 12/16/09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lilbirdie22 View Post
    At that age we offered string cheese, cottage cheese, canned fruits (since they are so soft), banana, rice cake, Earth's Best crackers and granola/fruit bars, toast, snapea crisps, yogurt, and Veggie Booty.
    What's Veggie Booty?

Buff
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

DS loves little sections of banana...it's a little messy, but not as bad as arrowroot cookies!
    ~~~~ ~~~~
    Iryssa(24), DH(27)

DS born Sept. 21 '07, 8.5lbs
    Nursed for the last time Oct. 20 '08

DD born Jan. 20, '09, 8lbs 14oz

http://healthymomnbaby.blogspot.com/
    http://www.xanga.com/iryssa

vegis - peas, corn, carrots (cooked of course) things like that. Beans were also always a big hit... lord I can't remember what else!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

DD is 13MO. For snack I usually do crackers (grahm or regular), fruit, cooked veggies, or cheese. We do puffs too but usually when we are on the go.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*buff24 View Post
    What's Veggie Booty?

Buff
    Veggie Booty mama.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?