Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: thanks

Default thanks

Hi, I wanted to post and thank everyone on this forum. This might be a long post, so bear with me.
    When I was pregnant I did everything I could to prepare for breastfeeding. When my DS joined the world in July, I thought breastfeeding was a snap. Then problems arose. I went to see a LC (which was no easy task to get in to see her) and she just said that everything looked fine. I was at my wits end and no one I talked to had any ideas. Then I stumbled upon this site and the forums. I sat up all night reading the posts and was able to figure out my problem (OS/OALD). Something NO ONE had ever mentioned in any breastfeeding class or LC visits I had been to. I began to post and was amazed at how fast the replies came in. I was amazed, too, how wonderful all the mothers are on here. Everyone is so helpful and I honestly think I might have given up breastfeeding if I hadn't found you all. I can't thank everyone enough for all of their advice and tips. I mean, where do you go for breastfeeding help? the phone book? Nope. And it's not exactly something you can just walk up to someone and ask about. "Excuse me Miss, do you have sore nipples?" I'm sure that would go over well. But this is the one place where I can ask a question, day or night and get quick response. No waiting for a nurse to call you back, or having to make an appointment. There isn't a book out there can can cover everybody's individual case. But here, it is done. I can post about the most trivial or the most important issue I have and each is treated with the same response: sincere and honest support. Have you ever tried to ask you husband what he thinks you should do about something related to BF? I know mine gets a deer-in-the-headlights look. I love him dearly, but sometimes nothing can replace the advice of another mother.
    Having people to share our breastfeeding experiences with is an asset I think none of us should take for granted. Think of where you would be if you had never seen this site. I know I would be lost. I want to thank all of the mothers and moderators who continuously offer their advice and support. I hope that by sharing my experiences, I too can help someone and promote the amazing gift of breastfeeding.
    sorry for being so sappy, but I had to get it off my chest. (no pun intended)

Default Re: thanks

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*stuartjr View Post
    I had to get it off my chest. (no pun intended)

mama. Glad you're here!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Dido on that! I may not post a lot, but while struggling with breastfeeding for the past 4 months this was where I'd turn to night after night to get some help. Reading and learning is what has kept me going. Glad you're doing well

I'm so glad that you're here! I love being able to get BF support here, too - most of my IRL friends just don't get it, especially when I need moral support. for all you're doing for your LO (and how hard you worked to get there)! Just because it's natural, doesn't mean it's easy. You're a
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*stuartjr View Post
    Hi, I wanted to post and thank everyone on this forum. This might be a long post, so bear with me.
    When I was pregnant I did everything I could to prepare for breastfeeding. When my DS joined the world in July, I thought breastfeeding was a snap. Then problems arose. I went to see a LC (which was no easy task to get in to see her) and she just said that everything looked fine. I was at my wits end and no one I talked to had any ideas. Then I stumbled upon this site and the forums. I sat up all night reading the posts and was able to figure out my problem (OS/OALD). Something NO ONE had ever mentioned in any breastfeeding class or LC visits I had been to. I began to post and was amazed at how fast the replies came in. I was amazed, too, how wonderful all the mothers are on here. Everyone is so helpful and I honestly think I might have given up breastfeeding if I hadn't found you all. I can't thank everyone enough for all of their advice and tips. I mean, where do you go for breastfeeding help? the phone book? Nope. And it's not exactly something you can just walk up to someone and ask about. "Excuse me Miss, do you have sore nipples?" I'm sure that would go over well. But this is the one place where I can ask a question, day or night and get quick response. No waiting for a nurse to call you back, or having to make an appointment. There isn't a book out there can can cover everybody's individual case. But here, it is done. I can post about the most trivial or the most important issue I have and each is treated with the same response: sincere and honest support. Have you ever tried to ask you husband what he thinks you should do about something related to BF? I know mine gets a deer-in-the-headlights look. I love him dearly, but sometimes nothing can replace the advice of another mother.
    Having people to share our breastfeeding experiences with is an asset I think none of us should take for granted. Think of where you would be if you had never seen this site. I know I would be lost. I want to thank all of the mothers and moderators who continuously offer their advice and support. I hope that by sharing my experiences, I too can help someone and promote the amazing gift of breastfeeding.
    sorry for being so sappy, but I had to get it off my chest. (no pun intended)
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this post. I know that the magic of this community is the mothers. I appreciate that you put it into words.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader