Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: She can ask for cocoa...

Default She can ask for cocoa...

But she still doesn't have a word for "nurse!" Why is it that my almost 19-month old hasn't made this particular voacbularly word important? Anyone have a similar experience?

Reena
    due Mid-March
    Sarah's daughter z"l - Rich's wife b"l - Sarit's (27 March 2007) mother am"v
    Self Proclaimed Baby Wearing Fanatic
    ing our cloth diapers

Default Re: She can ask for cocoa...

My DD who is nearly 4, began calling things like ice cream or sweets, num, around 18 months. Then she decided breast milk was num too and after a bit she began to call nursing nums. So she may choose a word for it soon. It is too easy to request it by pulling at the shirt, etc, so not as vital as words she can't signal otherwise.
    SAHM mom to 5 daughters-16,15,13,3,10 months Happy Wife to stressed out, overworked husband

My DS, 18 months, is a little man of few words. He does not yet have a name for nursing and simply comes up to me and tugs on my shirt or pulls the boppy over to me. I know he loves to nurse no matter if he can tell me or not. I know your LO is the same!

DS took a long time to find a name for it and call it by that, and now that he calls it: Nursh: I sort of wish we could go back to no name as when you hear it a million times ina day it gets old quick!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

This makes me feel better- my 13 mo old doesn't call it anything either, but she does put her hand down my shirt, so I guess she can get her point across. She hardly says mama either, but I know she can, I'm assuming it's just because she's with me all the time and doesn't need to? She says "hi doder" to our dog Dozer, though. Go figure.
    since 10/10/07
    and still going...