Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: LO refusing breast

Default LO refusing breast

I had a beautiful, well-written post about how my son has spent the day refusing to nurse three times, but it ended up in cyberspace after hitting the preview button, so now I will give you the highlights in systematic bullet form.

Basic Facts
    • LO is 15 weeks old
    • I went back to work two weeks ago
    • Breastfeeding has been great
    • Husband gives him a bottle while I'm at work (12 hour shifts)
    • Only able to pump 6oz once, maybe twice a day
    • LO averages 4oz six times a day

Background
    • Diagnosed with PP Depression at six weeks
    • Taking Zoloft 50mg
    • Breastfeeding was a key issue. It was difficult, but I refused to give up.

Current Situation
    • Suddenly refused to nurse this afternoon
    • Since then, went back and forth between refusal and relaxed nursings
    • I haven't cried like this since I was diagnosed

Is this the beginning of the end? I didn't see this coming. I think I'm on the verge of a breakdown. I didn't know the one thing that was so difficult to keep is the one thing I'm fearful of losing.

Default Re: LO refusing breast

First of all let me say I love your post!!! Makes it remarkably easy to read and follow

Second I understand how distressing that must be!! Let me offer you this link to a resource that might offer some information to you regarding nursing strikes. Let us know if it helps
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.