Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bedtime???????

Default Re: Bedtime???????

My dh and I have toyed with the idea of moving to Costa Rica... He goes a few times a year to surf. Always thought it would be tougher now that we have dd.

Hang inthere, keep doing what you think is best. Tune out the unsolicited advice, it helps, i promise. Except of course the advice we all get here. The rare solicited advice!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

I have definately tuned out all the unsolicitated advice!! I think that Destiny will get more into a "schedule" whe she gets a little older..........my god she is only 10 weeks old. I think I was frieking out because of everyone pushing the "schedule" issue!!

Oh, since I am new to the forum what are all the abbreviations for like dd, dh and so on? What do I do to get my baby's photo on the forum?

COSTA RICA..............a beautiful place

Ruby

I think I was frieking out because of everyone pushing the "schedule" issue!!
    Ruby, I just wanted to add something that stopped people pretty quick when they'd bring up the schedule question... I'd just let them know that I'm so unorganized, I can't keep a schedule without a baby, how could I possibly with a baby! ~ I don't know if this would be appropriate for you, but it worked for me!

Good luck to you... if you "listen" to your LO it all works out in the end

Link to abbreviations for this website

http://lalecheleague.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=807

(the pictures... you can upload one for your "avatar" under the User CP link along the blue band in the top left side of your screen...)

HTH
    Eme
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Number3
    Ruby, I just wanted to add something that stopped people pretty quick when they'd bring up the schedule question... I'd just let them know that I'm so unorganized, I can't keep a schedule without a baby, how could I possibly with a baby! ~ I don't know if this would be appropriate for you, but it worked for me!Eme
    That is precisely what I told people and it could not be closer to the truth!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Me too. I am only now, at 36 1/2, learning to live by a schedule. It would have been better for dd1 to have one because, as it took us several years to learn, she thrives on predictability, but the learning curve was so steep for us that we're lucky to have made it this far w/ our sanity intact (or at least the ability to pretend that it is when necessary). Sleep when the baby sleeps, take him/her to bed w/ you, do whatever you have to do to preserve your sanity, and enjoy your little one as much as possible. I know it's a cliche, but they really do grow up too fast.

Sorry to jump into the thread but it got me thinking. When do you establish a schedule? I don't have one for my daughter. She sets the schedule and pretty much still sleeps all day. She's 4 1/2 weeks.

Also, she sleeps with us as she sleeps longer with us than in the bassinet and longer when her arms are free, not so much when swaddled as she fits to get her arms free and at times I've woken up to find her with the blanket over her head so that effectively ended that for me.

Just wondering about transitioning to her crib/nursery when I go back to work (of course it's not a big deal as I'm more than happy to have her with us).

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by barb
    Me too. I am only now, at 36 1/2, learning to live by a schedule. It would have been better for dd1 to have one because, as it took us several years to learn, she thrives on predictability, but the learning curve was so steep for us that we're lucky to have made it this far w/ our sanity intact (or at least the ability to pretend that it is when necessary). Sleep when the baby sleeps, take him/her to bed w/ you, do whatever you have to do to preserve your sanity, and enjoy your little one as much as possible. I know it's a cliche, but they really do grow up too fast.

I am 30 years old and I HATE SCHEDULES!!!...........We are fortunate enough to not have to live by a schedule. So, in time when Destiny gets adjusted to her sleep needs she will let us know when we need a "schedule" I wish I could sleep when little punkin is sleeping. Unfortunatley we have construction going all around our house. Outside luckily.......building a garage, leveling land, making a walkway, waterfall. BUSY BUSY!!! So it has been a hard one with and already busy life now adding a lttle one that requires all your time. Trying to spread yourself around??? Anyways, I know things will definately get better.

Thanks,

Ruby