Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Going to concert and leaving baby...

Question Going to concert and leaving baby...

with my step-mom. I'm going Nov. 2nd, I have to leave my house early afternoon and won't be home until very late at night after the concert (it's a 2hr drive). I have a few bags of milk frozen, but I want more just to be safe.

1. How do I goa bout pumping more? I ALWAYS bf her and never have to pump. I only have the frozen milk from when she was starting to sleep longer periods at night and I pumped. Now my production is regulated to her and I don't know when to pump.

2. Can I go that long without pumping? About 12 hrs, maybe? The problem is I only have a manual pump and I will not have anywhere to do it. I'll be driving to the concert, screaming like a 12 yr old girl at New Kids on the Block, and then driving home to the baby, who will be sleeping.

I really appreciate any help
    Just starting to cloth diaperShe loves her slingWe love DH is the best

Mia- 7/2/99- for 4 months when I thought my milk dried up due to a sudden trauma...if I knew then what I know now...
    Jack- 3/12/03- for a few weeks then pumped for a few weeks- I gave up to easily
    Morgan- 7/8/08- determined to remain a booby girl

Default Re: Going to concert and leaving baby...

So do you have enough frozen milk for the afternoon/evening?
    Is baby eating any solids?
    I would try to pump after a feeding and see how much you can get.
    The mornings are the best time to pump.
    I think 12hrs might be a little much...I would bring the pump and pump in the car before the concert and then again after the concert.

OT- I loved the New Kids on the Block, I had the backpack, sleeping bag and everything else.
    Have fun!

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy-to-landin View Post
    So do you have enough frozen milk for the afternoon/evening?
    Is baby eating any solids?
    I would try to pump after a feeding and see how much you can get.
    The mornings are the best time to pump.
    I think 12hrs might be a little much...I would bring the pump and pump in the car before the concert and then again after the concert.

OT- I loved the New Kids on the Block, I had the backpack, sleeping bag and everything else.
    Have fun!
    Have fun at the concert!
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

BRING YOUR PUMP!!! A couple of weeks ago I went to a wedding with my husband while my mom watched my baby. I think I nursed her around 4:00 in the afternoon and dropped her off with my mom around 6:00. I was already feeling a bit full - and panicked about not having my daughter or pump with me - on the way to the wedding. The wedding started at 7:00. We had to leave the reception around 9:45 (SAD!) because the pain was getting to be excrutiating. When we picked up our daughter, she had recently had a bottle, so she wasn't hungry. When I finally got home at 11:15 or so, I ran into the house to start pumping because my breasts were rock hard and radiating heat - OUCH! That pumping session was INCREDIBLE. At work when I pump for 15 minutes, I get anywhere from 4-5 ounces. The night after my friend's wedding? Just over 12 ounces in 20 minutes. I just kept squeezing to get every drop out. The pain was terrible when I was full, but I felt almost immediate relief when I began pumping.
    Rory was born on May 20, 2008.

We love cloth diapers!

every moment I can!
    while at work!

Loving Bedsharing, though I swore I'd never do it.

Oh please don't go without bringing a pump!!!

how old is baby?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number3 View Post
    Oh please don't go without bringing a pump!!!

how old is baby?
    She is 3 months old.

Thanks, ladies, for you replies! I appreciate it so much! I'll bring my pump and a cooler. I just hope the concert is worth all the hassle. I do New Kids!
    Just starting to cloth diaperShe loves her slingWe love DH is the best

Mia- 7/2/99- for 4 months when I thought my milk dried up due to a sudden trauma...if I knew then what I know now...
    Jack- 3/12/03- for a few weeks then pumped for a few weeks- I gave up to easily
    Morgan- 7/8/08- determined to remain a booby girl

I recently left my 5 month old for 2.5 days. I had 144 oz of BM in the freezer when I left but he only drank about 90! Still, better that I had too much than too little!

weirdddd.

I totally was going to post this sameeeeeeeeeeeee question NO JOKEEE!!

My older sister wants me to go with her to the new kids on the block concet on the 22nd and its also about a 2 hour drive..

Sooo freaky!!

Thanks for posting for me

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*