Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Cluster Pumping -- Does it help?

Default Cluster Pumping -- Does it help?

The title says it all!

I am in the early stages of relactation and I'm wondering if cluster pumping (kinda like a growth spurt?) might help supply?

Also, should I be waking up every 2-3 hours at night to pump? DS sleeps through the night but I will get up to pump if it will make a difference in supply...

TIA!

Default Re: Cluster Pumping -- Does it help?

I did the cluster pumping. i swear it did help ! sometimes every 30 minutes, sometimes 15 sometimes and hour. i did it also because he only wakes once a night and i wanted to get more stimulation since i only pumped once a night

i would suggest pumping once a night at least.
    I say this because at first i did not. but started too and it really did help build me up!

goodluck! you are doing great! try not to get discouraged it will start!

what i did was keep a small journal about how much i was getting everyday!

there would be a few days with no change and others gradual! goodluck!
    ~*TiffanyJewel*~
    Happily Married !
    SAHM to my two beautiful boys
    Ethan my sweet big boy! born 9-9-04
    Aidan my little nursling! (relactation) born
    5-2-06!
    Natalie Jewel Our Valentine! Born
    2-14-08
    *Relactation- a labor or Love*

Default Re: Cluster Pumping -- Does it help?

Thanks!

I will start waking up every few hours at night. I might only wake up every 4 hours so that I don't have to wake up a ton at night, lol. But twice a night is better than none at night, right?

I'm still not getting anything with the pump. If I don't pump at night, I do get sprayed in the face when I squeeze my left breast but still nothing with the pump. Oh well! I did go over a week without pumping (the PPD had me down) and I had to stop my herbs to rule out where the side effects (dizziness and nasuea) were coming from (the PPD meds or the herbs). I will restart herbs tomorrow.

I've been cluster pumping for the last 2 hours. 10 min on each breast totaling a half hour in an hour. It's been tedious but DS is asleep so I may as well.

Thanks! I hope I can become successful like you!