Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help i'm really sick :(

Default Help i'm really sick :(

My 10 yr old dd and I woke up this morning with horrible nausea, vomiting and diarrhea (sorry, gross). I exclusively bf my 12 wk old and have continued to do so today. I haven't been able to eat and maybe only had a couple of sips of water without throwing it back up..anything i can take? I know this is a 24 hr bug since my 4 yr old had it a few days ago but i'm really concerned about not being able to eat. Elias seems fine but it worries me

Default Re: Help i'm really sick :(

If you're sure it's a short-lived thing, don't worry too much. I had a tummy bug for a couple of days when my son was eight weeks old, it seemed to have no effect on the milk supply. Unless you are very skinny, your body should have enough reserves to go through a few days without food. Dehydration might be a problem, though, so try to drink as much water as you can.

Hope you'll feel better soon!

It might be easier to get you fluids in form of popsicles, gaterade will replace the potassium you are loosing when you vomit you can dilute it with water if it is too strong.

I hope you feel better soon, Sara

Brenda, how are you doing now? I hope you are feeling better, keep us updated

Thank you ladies!

Carmen i ended up being sick for just a couple of days..i spent one day not eating at all but the next day i was still queasy but was able to have some broth. I continued to nurse Elias and thankfully he didn't catch my bug..i was a bit worried about that, but he's great and i just ate a slice of pizza..lol