Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Biting?....errrrrr

Default Biting?....errrrrr

DD turned the big 1 on Oct 13. Yeah! And we are still happily nursing. OK so not completely. She has decided that biting momma and pulling at the sametime is such great fun. MY NIPPLES ARE SO SORE!

I have no ideas left as to what to do to get her to stop. I have tried relaying to her that it hurts with a big OUCH when she does this and she thinks it is funny. Firmly telling her NO! She smiles and coos and giggles. I have had no choice but to just take it away from her. Which just makes her frustrated. We have been battling this for over a month now.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ladies.

Default Re: Biting?....errrrrr

The only thing that ever worked for me was to say, "No biting that hurts Mommy" and put him down, then resume after a minute or so, and over and over and over.

Finally stopped after about a week.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Jenna562 View Post
    The only thing that ever worked for me was to say, "No biting that hurts Mommy" and put him down, then resume after a minute or so, and over and over and over.

Finally stopped after about a week.
    That's what worked for me, too. I'd make her wait 30 secs- 1 minute and when I picked her back up I'd say, "If you want milk you can't bite mommy. If you bite me again, no more milk."

That and the one time she bit really hard and I jumped and yelped and started crying. That upset her and she never did it again.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

What PPs said sounds like a good idea but just to give you another alternative...

DD never bit (except one time but she was sound asleep) but I read that instead of pulling the breast away, you should push her face towards your breast, she'll run out of air and open her mouth. After awhile, she'll realize it's no fun to bite.

with pp, holding lo close seems to help, it's harder for them to bite, they tend to just let go instead. I went through the no bite and stopping for a minute too, it worked a bit, but dd seems to only bite for a few days at a time when teething badly, so not sure if it worked or she just stopped Lansinoh helps the soreness, though.
    since 10/10/07
    and still going...