Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goat's Rue

Default Goat's Rue

has anyone heard of Goat's Rue? I am using fenugreek, but my LC suggested Goat's Rue. I'm wondering if I can use them both at the same time??

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!

Default Re: Goat's Rue

Yes. I am taking an herbal supplement right now that is a blend including both goat's rue and fenugreek among other things. Goat's Rue helps build mammary tissue and can take weeks to show improvement, so make sure you are patient with it. Good luck!
    2001 2004 2008

What supplement is it? How much do you take a day?

I'm Erica

- nursed for one year

- nursed for 23 months

I take More Milk Special Blend by a company called Motherlove. I use the liquid supplement and take 1 ml 4x a day. I mix it with 1-2 oz. of grape juice to make it palatable. Some healthfood stores may carry it, but none in my area. I order it on their website motherlove.com.
    2001 2004 2008

I saw this at the store. I bought the Goat's Rue... How much has it helped you? What kind of a difference have you seen?

I'm Erica

- nursed for one year

- nursed for 23 months

Goats Rue can really help build mammary tissue if you didn't increase in breast size very much during your pregnancy. Fenugreek can help stimulate milk production, so sometimes the combination can be best. Either way you should go to www.motherlove.com because there is a lot of really helpful info on both of these herbs and lots of information on breastfeeding.

with pp. The information on the site is great.

I have had low supply issues with DS#3 due to a type 4 tongue-tie that went undiagnosed for almost 11 weeks. My supply did increase some from taking the herbs, I went from being able to pump 1/2 tsp. to 1/2 oz. after feeding, but the herbs could only do so much without the proper stimulation from my DS. He is recovering nicely from getting his tie clipped and maybe as he gets stronger I will see more of an increase. There are many testimonials on the site and I know some other women who have had success as well. I hope it will work well for you too.
    2001 2004 2008

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sisi View Post
    Goats Rue can really help build mammary tissue if you didn't increase in breast size very much during your pregnancy.
    So if you take it your breasts will get bigger?

Mine already went up 6 inches and 3 cup sizes from pre-pregnancy...I want something for supply but I am a little hesitant to make these girls get any bigger than they already are!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Motherlove has many different blends. Many women have success with More Milk Plus which is a blend that increases supply and does not contain goat's rue. More Milk Special Blend which does contain goat's rue is used especially for women with PCOS, IGT, and for nursing adoptive babies to name a few where development of mammary tissue as well as a building of supply is needed. It sounds like your cups runneth over so you probably don't need the goat's rue. I have the opposite issue trying to fill the cup.

Check out the website. They have information on helping you chose the right product based on your situation. An IBCLC may also be of help in choosing a supplement too.
    2001 2004 2008

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*umbribyz View Post
    It sounds like your cups runneth over so you probably don't need the goat's rue. I have the opposite issue trying to fill the cup.
    Well you would think for how huge they are I would have enough milk to feed an army but I am totally struggling with supply....
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?