Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Strike- more questions

Default Strike- more questions

Okay Logan is on nursing strike #2. He had a bad one a few weeks ago, came back full on nursing once that last molar popped through and his top canines came in. Then he got sick, he's still sick. We're on day 4 of total daytime nursing strike. He has a sinus infection. I have tried every single thing to get him to nurse and he refuses. He gets very angry and me actually. I'm beyond frustrated. He is nursing at night a few times.

I'm not going to do anything for my supply. I don't have it in me ladies. Ugh I'm upset writing this.. But yeah I just can't pump and take herbs and get all worked up about this. If he's done he's done.

My question is this. IF he decides to come back to more nursing will my supply bounce back? We've been nursing for almost 17 months, and I have a lot of milk still in there. I'm not engorged. I just want to feel more confident my body will respond if he does return to me.

Thanks!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Default Re: Strike- more questions

DS went on a 10 day strike at 17 months and dropped from nursing 8-10 times a day to 2 or 3. My supply dropped accordingly during that time, and when he started nursing like normal again, it came right back within a few days. You should be fine. Good luck weathering the strike. They are no fun at all.
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.

I will say that instead of stressing out to get him nursing as much, we focused on solids and weaning a bit. Now he's nursing 4 times a day (morning, before/after nap, and bedtime) and a few times as night of course. It's a lot less than before, but I think his 2 strikes in a row was a 'Hellloooo' time for a change.

I think we're getting back into a more comfortable pattern. It's just shocking for my daytime nursling to go from nursing all the time to just a few times. We're working it though!!!!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

glad things are looking up for you.
    check out the new beginings stories here...
    http://www.llli.org/NB/NBstrikes.html

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*andreafromohio View Post
    glad things are looking up for you.
    check out the new beginings stories here...
    http://www.llli.org/NB/NBstrikes.html
    Thanks Andrea.

I did read a lot of the nursing strike stories; even at 17 months nursing strikes are very difficult on both toddler and momma.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09