Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Can milk change taste from one month to another?

Default Can milk change taste from one month to another?

I am getting very frustrated, I have been freezing milk since I started bf in August. I have always been able to give ds the defrosted milk. It was usually around 6-8 weeks old. Now I have noticed that when I defrost milk to put in his cereal or for an extra bottle he won't drink it so I tasted it and YUCK. I started defrosting one bag every day to see how far back I could defrost and it taste OK. So far it seems that even a week and it has a bitter aftertaste. I have started to blanch it now and hope that will at least let me keep a few days in storage as I have a surgery coming up in a few weeks and will be in the hospital for a few days. So can the taste of milk change from one month to another even though the mothers diet hasn't changed? It still tastes sweet when it is fresh. Oh yea I also cannot keep it in the fridge longer then 2 days and once the frozen is defrosted a few hours.

THX

Default Re: Can milk change taste from one month to another?

Is it rancid? Does it taste soapy? Any chance the milk got contaminated?

Default Re: Can milk change taste from one month to another?

I do not see any way it would e contaminated, at least not all of it. It smells metallicy and tastes nasty with a bitter aftertaste. I decided to start scalding it and see if there is a difference. I so far can only save it for about 10 days...........What a bummer.