Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breast Reduction & BFing After

Default Breast Reduction & BFing After

I wasnt sure where to post this, I might post it in the parenting one as well?

I have heard stories of people getting breast reductions and later on having more children and having issues with bresatfeeding. Does anyone know anything about it, anyone had a reduction and had problems or was it fine!?

I have serious back problems and had had BIG breasts all my life. I am really looking into gettting a reduction after DD1 is done breastfeeding *hopefully wont be for like another 1 1/2 years =)* and i dont plan on having another child within the next 4 years IF ever again. Soo jsut wondering if I DID have another how a reduction would affect breastfeeding.

Hope to hear from you all soon. thank you

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*

Wink Re: Breast Reduction & BFing After

It is common for women with breast reductions to have trouble breastfeeding. Often scar tissue will restrict the growth of mammary tissue during your pregnancy. Try taking a supplement called goats rue because this actually helps grow mammary tissue. Motherlove.com has a liquid and a capsule. Good luck mama.

Default Re: Breast Reduction & BFing After

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sisi View Post
    It is common for women with breast reductions to have trouble breastfeeding. Often scar tissue will restrict the growth of mammary tissue during your pregnancy. Try taking a supplement called goats rue because this actually helps grow mammary tissue. Motherlove.com has a liquid and a capsule. Good luck mama.
    really.. thats amazing it grows mamary tissues.. thanksss

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*