Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Yay! DH is an agreement!

Default Yay! DH is in agreement!

DS is only 4mos but I have recently decided I would like to BF him longer than 1 year, which was previously planned. Fortunately, I think DH is fine with that...probably because I mentioned the immunological benefits! I didn't even specifically say I wanted to BF past a year. I just mentioned the immunological benefits and then a couple days later he referenced BFing DS at a year and a half. Anyhow, glad to know he seems to be okay with it!

I'll tell ya...things change once the baby is here. I never thought I would go to an LLL mtg. Then I never thought I would BF past 1 year. I also thought I would never cosleep. I'm a changed woman! LOL!
    Last edited by laurabelle1317; August 11th, 2006 at 10:15 PM.

Default Re: Yay! DH is an agreement!

It is funny how much changes once you are a mommy! I am glad that everything is going well! All the best!

I'm totally with you!!! I was raised in a "normal" "American" family with regular immunizations, check-ups, etc. First I decided to home-birth...then co-sleep, then not vaccinate, then exclusively breast feed past 6 mo, and now we're actually talking about *gasp* breast-feeding until at least 2 years old!!! I think I'm going to give my MIL a heart attack!!!! I can't wait to see where life leads us!

Yup things changed here too. VERY wise to discuss the possibility of long-term nursing with dh early and often. As well as sleeping arrangements, discipline, etc. Because its so easy to agree on all of that before the baby is actually here. Your husband sounds very supportive. You are also wise to even be thinking about extended nursing at 4 mos. I had no idea how strong our nursing relationship would be by age one... or that she'd still be nursing at two! I never really expected the whole breastfeeding thing to be such a big deal or to shape so many other aspects of my parenting.

It IS amazing how different you feel once you have a baby! I am happy for you that he seems to be "on board"