Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: pumping while feeding

Question pumping while feeding

Is there anyone that can give me some tips on pumping while I nurse- I just can seem to manage it all. I have an oversupply/overactive letdown issue, so i feed only one breast per feeding, therefore I pump the other side while I am nursing. I just can't manage holding my LO and the pump at the same time. He is only 3 mos. so he is not that big, but his feet get in the way and I can't tilt the cup, or it won't go down into the liner. Any tips or suggestions? I have tried the football hold, but I think he is too big for it as he kicks the back of the chair and pushes off the breast. Help?!!

Default Re: pumping while feeding

Is there anyone that can give me some tips on pumping while I nurse- I just can seem to manage it all. I have an oversupply/overactive letdown issue, so i feed only one breast per feeding, therefore I pump the other side while I am nursing. I just can't manage holding my LO and the pump at the same time. He is only 3 mos. so he is not that big, but his feet get in the way and I can't tilt the cup, or it won't go down into the liner. Any tips or suggestions? I have tried the football hold, but I think he is too big for it as he kicks the back of the chair and pushes off the breast. Help?!!

Default Re: pumping while feeding

Cut 2 small holes in a few nursing bras, about where your nipple/s are, after that unsnap the bra and place the funnels' tubish part through the hole. After snapping the bra back into place connect the pump pieces together. That should hold the canister in place. The way it sounds is that you need a way to keep the canister in place.

If that doesn't help, I don't know what to say. As I am new mom.

Atleast, that's the kind of bra I use when I'm EP, exclusively pumping. If you would like more information on the pumping bra.
    Last edited by @llli*2xstarter; October 9th, 2008 at 10:43 PM.
    New Mom

[Top to bottom in photo]
    Kori & Dain
    31-7-2008

Made it through the first year
    Now what? I'm lost.