Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What would be a good.....

Default What would be a good.....

Freezer, bottles (to use while pumping), storage container/s, shipping container/s (car trips and things like that) to use?

As I am a BFing mother of twins. They are not yet exclusively BM. Also I'm staying at my mother-in-law's and would like to have a place that I can store my milk without worrying about the limited fridge space there is. I'm looking into getting a freezer for my hubby & I.
    Last edited by @llli*2xstarter; October 9th, 2008 at 06:02 PM.
    New Mom

[Top to bottom in photo]
    Kori & Dain
    31-7-2008

Made it through the first year
    Now what? I'm lost.

Default Re: What would be a good.....

I use milk storage bags. If you lay them flat to freeze and then stack them (or put them in a giant zip lock bag) they hardly take up any room at all. You can get a variety of brands, Lansinoh being fairly popular.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Default Re: What would be a good.....

yea i use freezer bags as well. they are specially made so that the fat content doesnt stick to the sides (like a ziplock bag would do)

and the ones i use (lansinoh) have a double zipper and are of course sterilized.

oh and i LOVE your signature pic. thats so sweet.
    good for you for BF twins! i think thats awesome.
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.