Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: not pooped for 2 consecutive days now:-(

Default not pooped for 2 consecutive days now:-(

het there moms,

My kid is being breast fed predominantly and an occassional bottle is given to her. She has never had a problem with bowel movements. For he last 1 week i have been nursing her exclusively. She usually has 1 full bowel movement a day. BUt she has not pooped for the last 2 days now. She seems to be passing gas more oftenb now and it has started smellingbad!!!! No idea what to do. I have tried gripe water. NO use though. Can some one help. Is there something wrong with her that i need ton call my ped????

mom2sarvagnya

Default Re: not pooped for 2 consecutive days now:-(

2 days is not long at all...some babies dont go for a week.

how old is your dd?
    i don't think there is anything for you to worry about. when my dd was only 2 weeks old she only had 1 bowel movement a week! our pediatrician said that she had a mature digestive system like a 6-week old and not to worry...as long as her poop was the typical loose, mustardy stool of a breastfed baby...which it was...and yes, she was also gassy (and the smell was not pleasant). dd is now 13 weeks old and she still does not poop everyday. she typically poops once a week, twice if we're lucky! as long as your dd doesn't seem to be in pain when she passes gas or if her next bowel movement is "normal" (e.g., not hard), then i wouldn't worry. now if she does seem to strain while passing gas, you may want to make call your pediatrician. breastfed babies can go about a week (even 9-10 days) without a poopy diaper! hth!

thanx . she just relieved my tension by pooping