Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Still nusing 7mo old... and PREGNANT!

Default Still nusing 7mo old... and PREGNANT!

I am so frustrated with these boobs of mine! I am now 5 weeks pregnant and still nursing a 7 month old, but my milk supply is dismal, and I don't want to stop nursing until he's 1yo. These hormones have forced my supply to plummet and I know he's not quite getting enough. This is my 3rd nursing baby. First son I had no problems, 2nd son LOTS of stress milk dried up, 3rd son... pregnant! What do I do to keep my supply up. I'm tired (obviously... 3 boys!), and I'm not sure what my diet should be like. Any suggestions? I'm at a loss, and I dare not consult my OB... she'll tell me to stop nursing. I'm overweight, but healthy otherwise. Help!

Default Re: Still nusing 7mo old... and PREGNANT!

No advice mama.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Congrats mama. Check this thread http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=59963. Another mama had the same concerns as you. Move on over to the pregnant and breastfeeding forum and you might find more answers.
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

Oatmeal helps me with a supply boost. Up your water intake. I nursed throughout my pregnancy and my dr. wanted me drinking 4 liters a day and it helped also. Some women have success with fenugreek but I don't know about taking while pregnant. Mother's milk tea is also recommended but again I dont' about taking it while pregnant.

www.kellymom.com has a section on herbs safe for pregnancy so you can probably find info there. Good luck!!

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies