Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: BreastMilk Storage

Default BreastMilk Storage

How do u warm breastmilk FAST? And when i pump it how do i store it?

Default Re: BreastMilk Storage

hot water from the faucet warms it in about 5 min or so... ive read not to microwave BM. i also have a parents choice bottle warmer, maybe you could buy one of those. theres a car one too!

if im out and about i get hot water from a restaurant or starbucks and its super quick. just a few min.

after i pump. if its going to be long term storage i freeze my BM. it lasts for about 3-4 months frozen. for short term it put it in the fridge and it lasts for about 7 days.
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

My DH boils water in the teapot, then pours that into a bowl. Then he puts the bag of BM into it and "steeps" it (so that it's not constantly in boiling water). I guess that warms it up pretty quickly.

HOW MANY HOURS AT ROOM TEMPT. CAN BM STAND? I READ SOMEWHERE 8 HRS AND ANOTHER 10HRS. WHICH IS IT? CAN YOU REFRIGERATE BM AFTER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF HOURS?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*myfive View Post
    HOW MANY HOURS AT ROOM TEMPT. CAN BM STAND? I READ SOMEWHERE 8 HRS AND ANOTHER 10HRS. WHICH IS IT? CAN YOU REFRIGERATE BM AFTER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF HOURS?
    it depends on the temperature inside the room where it is.

Here is this. It might answer some of your ?'s. (OP as well)
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

I warm it in warm water, never microwave breast milk.

After pumping I pour into freezer bags (max of 6 oz per bag) and lay flat to freeze. I use the lansinoh brand.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language