Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Recurrent milk blisters

Angry Recurrent milk blisters

I already have a thread detailing some of my saga, but I thought I'd start a new one in hopes for a solution. 3 weeks ago I got a milk blister and while it opens up and seems to heal occasionally it comes back. I've had 2 bouts of mastitis during this time resulting from the blocked ducts that the milk blister creates. The last bout this weekend occured while I was actually on an antibiotic. My doc is prescribing a new one today. I've talked to my LLL several times, seen my doc twice, and talked to the LC at the hospital where I had Katie. I feel like I don't have much reason for hope. I'm trying to be faithful to the warm washcloth compresses. Anyone successfully treat a recurrent milk blister? Is there another professional type that I could see? I'm in the St. Louis, MO area if that helps.
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

Default Re: Recurrent milk blisters

Have you checked the IBCLC database for somebody in your area? I hope the new abx helps.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Okay, I just got the list of LC. I think I'll ask around for a recommendation from those. It so unbelievable to be running into all these problems now. I feel like I have a newborn in the house again.
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*AllNightDQ View Post
    Okay, I just got the list of LC. I think I'll ask around for a recommendation from those. It so unbelievable to be running into all these problems now. I feel like I have a newborn in the house again.
    I felt the same way when I had problems when DD1 was 14 months old. It was awful.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on