Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: ? for cosleeping WOHM's

Default ? for cosleeping WOHM's

I'm going back to work soon, and I'm thinking about the morning routine. I think it would be easiest for me to wake up before the baby and eat my breakfast and shower and stuff and then after I'm ready, get the baby up and dressed and nurse her as the last thing I do before going to work. I was even thinking that I'd nurse her on one side at home, then drive to daycare and nurse her there on the other side.

The thing is that we are cosleeping, and I don't want to set my alarm clock because I don't want her to wake up. So what do you do to wake up on time? I was thinking that there might be some kind of alarm clock I could wear on my wrist like a watch that might vibrate to wake me up. Do you know of any products like this? Or what do you do? Or do you have a different suggestion for a morning routine?
    -Alicia
    Mommy to Cadence (5/19/06) and Tessa (4/25/09)

Default Re: ? for cosleeping WOHM's

most cell phones have an alarm feature... you could put it under your pillow maybe? that would work if you aren't a light sleeper.

[ j ]

I have my alarm set to the radio, my husband has his set to a traditional alarm. He wakes up about an hour before I do. I think my son wakes up slightly when my husband's alarm and I nurse him back to sleep. He doesn't seem to wake up with my alarm at all. Is your baby a light sleeper? I think you shouldn't have a problem.

We have a CD alarm clock. We play a CD before we go to sleep at night and that same CD is my alarm to get up. Sometimes DS wakes when I do, but most of the time I can sneek out without too much trouble.

my husband gets up about an hour earlier than me. he has his alarm clock set to the radio. i'm typically nursing my dd when his alarm clock goes off, so i'm already up. i've been back to work for over 2 weeks now, and surprisingly, i haven't set my alarm clock once. i do admit, i have gotten out of bed a bit late, but don't necessarily have to be at work at 8am, so i have a bit of flexibility in my schedule. my typical morning looks like this:
    nurse dd for about 30-45 minutes...i unlatch her around 5:15am, and we both sleep. i sneak out of bed around 5:50 and start getting ready for work. by the time i get out of the bathroom (around 6:15am), she's starting to wake up. i go downstairs to let the dogs out and get bottles ready for the day. i'm back upstairs around 6:35am...she's completely awake by this time and just cooing and smiling and kicking her legs. i change her diaper, sing a few songs to her, kiss her goodbye, and my mom takes over from there (i leave the house at 6:50am). there have been a few days that i've left for work and she's still sleeping...

if i had to use some sort of alarm clock, i'd probably use my cell phone alarm clock feature, put it on vibrate, and place it under my pillow since i'm a light sleeper.

Lightbulb Re: ? for cosleeping WOHM's

I easily adjust to new sounds and so does my son. I set my alarm for 3am then nurse and doze for a while. When my LO is done I get up and do as much as I can until he wakes up when he realizes I am gone. I prioritize on the things that are super tough for me to do holding him, ie shower, pulling my hair up, vs the stuff that amuses him or I can do while holding him, ie brush my teeth, eat my cereal. I have also switched to eating simple breakfasts such as cereal or oatmeal vice the eggs and such I used to eat. I assume you also will be preparing bottles so learn my lesson and get that started first cause one morning I had to defrost a still frozen bag and my son grabbed for the water and luckily it was cooled off to the point he wasnt injured but he didnt do that again!