Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Tired of the Supply Battle!

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Default Re: So Tired of the Supply Battle!

So I put the pump aside and that has made my supply dwindle down to next to nothing. So I'm buying a new one (the one I have is probably 8 years old) and am going to pump as much as I can. I don't want ds to wean b/c he's not getting anything. Seriously, it's that bad. I'm not hardly feeling a letdown ever. I'm getting less than an ounce at pumping sessions, drops and drips really. Hanging up the pump for me=bad move. I realize the intent of the posts that suggested it, but I think that only getting to nurse 2 to 3 times per day, pumping once and having low supply...it was a bad idea to bring the demand down b/c it brought the supply down...WWWWAAAAAYYYYY down.
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

is he still nursing? It seems that by looking at the pump output you are stressing yourself out

If he is nursing at least 3 times a day, you do not need to introduce any other form of milk.

Stress affects your milk supply
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

No, we only nurse two, maybe three times per day during the week.

So, I bought a new pump, got some mothers' milk tea, some fenugreek & blessed thistle capsules...what do I need to know about these? How long does the fenugreek take to kick in and affect supply?
    Last edited by @llli*apron.strings; December 5th, 2008 at 09:12 PM.
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*apron.strings View Post
    No, we only nurse two, maybe three times per day during the week.

So, I bought a new pump, got some mothers' milk tea, some fenugreek & blessed thistle capsules...what do I need to know about these? How long does the fenugreek take to kick in and affect supply?
    The lowmilksupply.org website has good info on fenugreek and other galactagogues. I've heard other mothers say that they say an effect from fenugreek within 24 to 48 hours.

Good luck! You're working hard for your baby.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

It is normal for me to not get much when I pump because that's just it, I don't pump. If you pump less you will make less, pump more make more.

I noticed a supply increase right away after starting fenugreek.

How are you determining he's not getting any while with you? Is he still in diapers? How is his out put? What else does he drink?
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Things are looking up...slowly. I'm feeling letdowns with my new pump. I bought a PIS Advanced and it works so well. It and the fenugreek capsules are working. It's finding time for extra pumping sessions that is the most difficult part. I'll keep y'all posted. Thanks for the encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*apron.strings View Post
    Things are looking up...slowly. I'm feeling letdowns with my new pump. I bought a PIS Advanced and it works so well. It and the fenugreek capsules are working. It's finding time for extra pumping sessions that is the most difficult part. I'll keep y'all posted. Thanks for the encouragement.
    You're very welcome

Thanks for the update! I hope things continue moving in the direction you want.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader