Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: old school pump questions

Default old school pump questions

I got this pump used in 2006 (from FC ).. never really used it much except when i was relactating. Works fine. Anyone know old old it actually is? Its a Medela PIS (PISA maybe?) i know that. Im thinking 1990's? I did email Medela to ask, but i wondered if anyone else had an old school pump. My next question is.. is it possible to get the motor replaced in it when it starts to go or so i have to get a new pump? I havent used it but im thinking since im going to be starting school soon i should look into it.

ETA: ok so i went "yahooing" and found something pretty close- the Medela PIS "The Companion" made in 2004. it looks just like mine but not sure if it is the same one or not??? Is that pretty good or a bad thing if my pump is 4yrs old?
    Last edited by @llli*birdof1985; October 5th, 2008 at 03:42 AM. Reason: added pics of pump
    Mommy to:
    Nathaniel 2/28/05
    Boy/Girl Twins: Raymond 17w4d & Candice 5/22/06
    Lana 12/22/07

Missing Wylder 9w5d
    TTCAL for another nursling!

Default Re: old school pump questions

I have no idea mama but you can call the medela customer service # and they will tell you right over the phone.

They also have crazy customer service so would probably be able to help you with the motor (if it even needs one-2004 doesn't sound that bad) and when they do service they get it back to you before you can even blink.

Good luck!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

I had this same pump at first. My friend let me borrow her's to see if I was gonna BF (I guess that's a yes). She used it for 2 kids her sister used it for two kids and I used it for about 4 months and then I returned it to her and bought a PISA for myself.

The motor lasted that whole time!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

i dont even know if it needs a new motor- the silly thing wont suction. i turned it on today and 1 side has suction, the other doesnt as much. I checked the tubing thinking maybe it was loose, but it wasnt. maybe i need new tubing just in case.
    Mommy to:
    Nathaniel 2/28/05
    Lana 12/22/07

Missing Wylder 9w5d

well Medela emailed me back- its a PIS. they dont make it anymore and dont make replacement motors.
    Mommy to:
    Nathaniel 2/28/05
    Lana 12/22/07

Missing Wylder 9w5d